Now, curvy-legged gymnastic robot that can flip and leap with ease
Washington: Researchers have developed a robot that can hurtle across uneven terrain like a water-walking lizard, can do gymnastic back flips and can climb tall objects.
Technologists at the University of Pennsylvania have created `RHex` and hope that it could one day climb rubble in emergency rescue situations or zoom across scorching desert sands with its six whirling, springy legs, CNN reported.
One of the researchers, Aaron Johnson , said that they want the robot to go anywhere, even over terrain that might be broken and uneven.
RHex- short for " robot hexapod"- is actually more than a decade old and is the brainchild of a multi-university project, however, Penn researchers recently created a new version - called X- RHex Lite, which is lighter and more agile than previous versions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what