Now, Dubai cab meters to run automatically
Dubai: Taxis in Dubai will now have sensors that will automatically operate fare meters even if the driver fails to or refuses to operate these.
In order to help minimise passengers` complaints, the Dubai Taxi Corporation of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), has started to install sensors in its fleet of taxi vehicles.
"The sensors will operate the taxi meters automatically, as soon the passengers embark," Muhammad Yusuf Saleh, director of fleet driver affairs of the corporation, was quoted as saying Thursday.
"The sensors` installation project in taxis is considered one of the most outstanding projects of the corporation`s management,” he said.
According to Saleh, the meters work automatically and operate when there is a passenger in the taxi.
“If the driver fails to operate it for any reason, the automatic system will take over, thus eliminating unacceptable practices that can cause an increase in complaints from customers," he added.
He stated that the project would be implemented in phases in accordance with a targeted timeframe, and would be evaluated in terms of satisfaction of customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say