Now, Dubai cab meters to run automatically
Dubai: Taxis in Dubai will now have sensors that will automatically operate fare meters even if the driver fails to or refuses to operate these.
In order to help minimise passengers` complaints, the Dubai Taxi Corporation of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), has started to install sensors in its fleet of taxi vehicles.
"The sensors will operate the taxi meters automatically, as soon the passengers embark," Muhammad Yusuf Saleh, director of fleet driver affairs of the corporation, was quoted as saying Thursday.
"The sensors` installation project in taxis is considered one of the most outstanding projects of the corporation`s management,” he said.
According to Saleh, the meters work automatically and operate when there is a passenger in the taxi.
“If the driver fails to operate it for any reason, the automatic system will take over, thus eliminating unacceptable practices that can cause an increase in complaints from customers," he added.
He stated that the project would be implemented in phases in accordance with a targeted timeframe, and would be evaluated in terms of satisfaction of customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri