Now, Dubai cab meters to run automatically
Dubai: Taxis in Dubai will now have sensors that will automatically operate fare meters even if the driver fails to or refuses to operate these.
In order to help minimise passengers` complaints, the Dubai Taxi Corporation of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), has started to install sensors in its fleet of taxi vehicles.
"The sensors will operate the taxi meters automatically, as soon the passengers embark," Muhammad Yusuf Saleh, director of fleet driver affairs of the corporation, was quoted as saying Thursday.
"The sensors` installation project in taxis is considered one of the most outstanding projects of the corporation`s management,” he said.
According to Saleh, the meters work automatically and operate when there is a passenger in the taxi.
“If the driver fails to operate it for any reason, the automatic system will take over, thus eliminating unacceptable practices that can cause an increase in complaints from customers," he added.
He stated that the project would be implemented in phases in accordance with a targeted timeframe, and would be evaluated in terms of satisfaction of customers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list