Now, fly helicopters using only your mind!
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Thanks to advances in science and technology, researchers have developed a mind-controlled device that allows users to fly a model helicopter with just thoughts.
Created by researchers from University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, the system allows the brain to communicate directly with an external device and lets participants control the path of a flying object, known as a quadcopter, simply by thinking about specific movements.
The specially designed brain-computer interface is non-invasive and does not require any implanted devices. It is used by wearing an electro-encephalography (EEG) cap with 64 attached electrodes that pick up signals from the brain.
“The signal coming from the brain is picked up by the sensors and then decoded and sent through a Wi-Fi system to control flying quadcopter,” said Bin He, a biomedical engineer and the project`s lead scientist.
He said that the computer will read that digital signal and do all the processing and extract out the brain signal and control quadcopter.
Researchers hope that this futuristic technology could one day help people with disabilities lead more independent lives.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown