Now, harvest both tomato and potato from the same plant
London: A hybrid plant, which can produce tomatoes at one end and potatoes at the other, has been launched in the UK.
Described as a "veg plot in a pot", the ` TomTato` can grow more than 500 sweet cherry tomatoes while producing white potatoes, the Independent reported.
According to Thompson and Morgan, Horticultural mail order company, which is selling the plants for 14.99 pounds each, the hybrid plants were individually hand-crafted and not a product of genetic engineering.
Grafted potato-tomato plants have already been produced in the UK, however the company said that this is the first time they have been successfully produced commercially.
It also claimed that the tomatoes are far sweeter than those available in supermarkets.
The plants can be grown outside as well as inside, as long as they are in a large pot or bag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city