Now, headphones that you can wear like headband to bed
London: Researchers have created a headband with built in earphones could help us sleep more soundly and easily.
The SleepPhones are a fabric band with earphones built in - and its makers claim you can even use them without waking a partner sleeping next to you, the Daily Mail reported.
Current versions have a wire to connect to a phone, but a wireless version, set to go on sale in April, has just won a prestigious award at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
"Being able to sleep soundly is crucial to feeling well overall, and SleepPhones help by playing relaxing audio, drowning out noises, and establishing a positive bedtime routine," Wei-Shin Lai, one of the inventors of the headphones said.
The firm began selling the product in 2007, when Lai was working as a doctor.
The firm is now set to introduce its first wireless version, selling for 50 pounds in April.
"There`s a version of our product for sports, a version for sleep, and now a wireless version that eliminates cords entirely by playing back media from any Bluetooth-enabled device," Lai said.
The current version has a wire so it can be plugged into an iPod or bedside alarm, but the next version will be wireless, the firm said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you