Now, LCD screens to get `richly colored` thanks to quantum dots
Washington: New high-tech specks called quantum dots have been designed to make LCD screens more richly colored.
Eric Nelson, who helped create the plastic films that hold the quantum dots in a screen, said that the new technology called 3M quantum dot enhancement film (QDEF) is the most efficient way to get to a high-color display.
While speaking at the 248th National Meeting and Exposition of the American Chemical Society (ACS), he mentioned that the quantum dot display s need less energy compared to other high- color options.
He added that they are superconducting crystals so small that 10,000 could fit across the width of a human hair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital