Now, new Apple app that would turn ‘every stranger into ATM’
Washington: Apple is said to be working on a new app that lets you use nearby strangers as mobile ATMs.
According to a report, the idea for what Apple calls an ‘ad-hoc cash-dispensing network’, is that you launch the app and tap in how much you need.
The software uses your location details and broadcasts your request so that everyone else with the app in the vicinity is notified of your predicament.
When someone agrees to stump up the money, you are told their location, and go and pick up your cash.
Other iterations of the idea include a map in which would-be bankers are indicated with either a star to say they have accepted your request, a question mark to say that they haven`t or a cross to say they have declined, the report said.
Once you`ve met your creditor, you confirm on your iPhone that the transfer has taken place and your iTunes account is debited, it added.
The incentive for the person who helped you is that a small service charge is taken from your account and credited to theirs, as well as the cash that you have taken.
According to the report, Apple will also take a little slice of the service charge for hooking the two of you up.
The patent describes a scenario in which 50 dollars is transferred between two parties.
Apple snaffles 5 dollars as a service fee, while the person who provided the cash nets 3 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi