Now, new Apple app that would turn ‘every stranger into ATM’
Washington: Apple is said to be working on a new app that lets you use nearby strangers as mobile ATMs.
According to a report, the idea for what Apple calls an ‘ad-hoc cash-dispensing network’, is that you launch the app and tap in how much you need.
The software uses your location details and broadcasts your request so that everyone else with the app in the vicinity is notified of your predicament.
When someone agrees to stump up the money, you are told their location, and go and pick up your cash.
Other iterations of the idea include a map in which would-be bankers are indicated with either a star to say they have accepted your request, a question mark to say that they haven`t or a cross to say they have declined, the report said.
Once you`ve met your creditor, you confirm on your iPhone that the transfer has taken place and your iTunes account is debited, it added.
The incentive for the person who helped you is that a small service charge is taken from your account and credited to theirs, as well as the cash that you have taken.
According to the report, Apple will also take a little slice of the service charge for hooking the two of you up.
The patent describes a scenario in which 50 dollars is transferred between two parties.
Apple snaffles 5 dollars as a service fee, while the person who provided the cash nets 3 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert