Now, new Apple app that would turn ‘every stranger into ATM’
Washington: Apple is said to be working on a new app that lets you use nearby strangers as mobile ATMs.
According to a report, the idea for what Apple calls an ‘ad-hoc cash-dispensing network’, is that you launch the app and tap in how much you need.
The software uses your location details and broadcasts your request so that everyone else with the app in the vicinity is notified of your predicament.
When someone agrees to stump up the money, you are told their location, and go and pick up your cash.
Other iterations of the idea include a map in which would-be bankers are indicated with either a star to say they have accepted your request, a question mark to say that they haven`t or a cross to say they have declined, the report said.
Once you`ve met your creditor, you confirm on your iPhone that the transfer has taken place and your iTunes account is debited, it added.
The incentive for the person who helped you is that a small service charge is taken from your account and credited to theirs, as well as the cash that you have taken.
According to the report, Apple will also take a little slice of the service charge for hooking the two of you up.
The patent describes a scenario in which 50 dollars is transferred between two parties.
Apple snaffles 5 dollars as a service fee, while the person who provided the cash nets 3 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you