Now, quadruped robots that double up as garden lamps
Washington: Researchers have developed Toro-bots on top of PhantomX quadrupeds, and each has been programmed with its own unique behavior.
Infrared rangefinders allow the robots to react to things like people walking past them, and they`re also equipped with infrared beacons that allow them to be tracked individually by an IR camera and given some level of centralized autonomous control, IEEE spectrum reported.
The Japanese lamp plus a PhantomX quadruped kit has been priced at 1,000 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO
- Suicide bomber kills 10 north of Baghdad: Officials
- Atrocities against Dalits: TMC walks out of Rajya Sabha demanding statement from PM Modi
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims
- Two NDFB militants killed in Assam's Kokrajhar