Now, robot that solves Rubik`s cube puzzle in less than 3 seconds
Washington: Researchers have developed a new robot that can solve the Rubik`s cube puzzle in less than three seconds.
CubeStomer3, which was unveiled at LEGO World 2014 in Copenhagen, has half dozen LEGO Mindstorms-based hands and uses a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, eight LEGO Mindstorms EV3 programming bricks and a variety of other pieces, Mashable reported.
The robot, built by Mike Dobson and David Gilday, uses a camera to photograph each side of the cube and determines the position of all the colors, before using that information to calculate the minimum moves needed to solve the cube.
The previous CubeStormer took about 5.3 seconds to solve the cube.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details