Now, robot that tells you when you stink
Washington: Japan researchers have created a pair of robots- a girl and a dog - whose odour sensors can determine just how bad you smell.
CrazyLabo teamed up with Kitakyushu National College of Technology to build a robot that looks like a bulldog and another shaped like a woman`s head, Discovery News reported.
The dog robot sniffs your feet, generating one of four responses depending on how bad the odour.
The robot loses consciousness, if it`s particularly bad, but if your feet smell okay, the robot will nuzzle up to you.
The female head -named Kaori- which can translate as "aroma," "fragrance" or simply "smell", does something similar.
It produces an answer when you exhale onto its face, saying: "Good, like citrus," "Yuck! You have bad breath," "No way! I can`t stand it!" and "Emergency taking place!"
Both robots use a commercial odour sensor that picks up on certain chemicals in exhaled breath or emitted by feet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata