Now, smartphone-controlled hearing aid!
New York: A tiny new hearing aid that is controlled by a smartphone app has been developed, eliminating the need for wearers to carry a pendant-like device.
Hearing aid wearers need to carry a cumbersome pendant or other wireless device to change settings on their hearing aid, but the new app allows users to make those changes directly on the smartphone.
Wearers control the hearing aid with the app which can programme specific settings.
The ReSound Smart app allows users to adjust everything from the volume to the bass and tremble in each ear on the app.
The ReSound LiNX hearing aids can also be used to stream music, listen to GPS directions and talk on the phone through Bluetooth.
There is also a `Find My Hearing Aid` feature that helps the user locate their device if it has been misplaced.
The batteries on the hearing aid will last about five days, `New York Daily News` reported.
Small devices are great for hearing-impaired people who are worried about being seen wearing hearing aids, according to Danish company GN ReSound which developed the ReSound LiNX hearing aid.
Everyone is constantly checking their phones, so the people you are with don`t have to know you`re really adjusting your hearing aid instead of checking your email, the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!