Now, tweet to help a plant grow
Washington: It is often said that talking to plants helps them grow, and now a museum in Colorado is putting that popular idea to test with a technological twist, as they investigate the effect of social media on plant growth.
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science has created an interactive experiment, as a part of "MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition", that lets you tweet at a plant at the museum through the project`s official website and help it grow.
The message turns into robotic speech which then travels through a speaker to the plant.
The museum collaborated with agency Carmichael Lynch, which developed a "custom tweet-to-speech" technology for the project.
In order to evaluate the results, another plant currently sits in silence. The museum will observe the overall growth of both plants over the course of the experiment and will also look at the colour and size of the plants` leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site