Now you can print your own 3D models of probes, asteroids with NASA
Washington:NASA has released STL files that would allow people to make their own 3D models of space probes, asteroids and the surface of the moon.
The space agency has 21 objects available for free, which includes number of probes, including the Kepler, the Mars Odyssey, the Rosetta and the Voyager, as well as two asteroids, Eros and Itokawa and 3D models of sections of the surfaces of the Moon and Mars, the latter including the Gale Crater, where Curiosity trundles about its business, CNet reported.
The page also contains images and textures that enterprising 3D artists could use as resources; and few interactive pages and games so that people could learn more about NASA`s operations.
The probe files were created by scaling the original craft and was converted directly to STL, which means some of the finer details, might be too difficult for a standard 3D printer to handle. This means they might need a bit of tweaking, which people could do themselves and NASA has also invited users to share their edits and experiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore