Now you can print your own 3D models of probes, asteroids with NASA
Washington:NASA has released STL files that would allow people to make their own 3D models of space probes, asteroids and the surface of the moon.
The space agency has 21 objects available for free, which includes number of probes, including the Kepler, the Mars Odyssey, the Rosetta and the Voyager, as well as two asteroids, Eros and Itokawa and 3D models of sections of the surfaces of the Moon and Mars, the latter including the Gale Crater, where Curiosity trundles about its business, CNet reported.
The page also contains images and textures that enterprising 3D artists could use as resources; and few interactive pages and games so that people could learn more about NASA`s operations.
The probe files were created by scaling the original craft and was converted directly to STL, which means some of the finer details, might be too difficult for a standard 3D printer to handle. This means they might need a bit of tweaking, which people could do themselves and NASA has also invited users to share their edits and experiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini