Now you can print your own 3D models of probes, asteroids with NASA
Washington:NASA has released STL files that would allow people to make their own 3D models of space probes, asteroids and the surface of the moon.
The space agency has 21 objects available for free, which includes number of probes, including the Kepler, the Mars Odyssey, the Rosetta and the Voyager, as well as two asteroids, Eros and Itokawa and 3D models of sections of the surfaces of the Moon and Mars, the latter including the Gale Crater, where Curiosity trundles about its business, CNet reported.
The page also contains images and textures that enterprising 3D artists could use as resources; and few interactive pages and games so that people could learn more about NASA`s operations.
The probe files were created by scaling the original craft and was converted directly to STL, which means some of the finer details, might be too difficult for a standard 3D printer to handle. This means they might need a bit of tweaking, which people could do themselves and NASA has also invited users to share their edits and experiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees