Peru, India mulling air link
Lima: Peru`s National Tourism Chamber (Canatur) said the South American nation is studying the possibility of establishing air connections with India via Panama.
If possible, Air India could open fights from New Delhi to Lima and other regional capitals via Panama, Xinhua quoted Canatur head Carlos Canales as saying Tuesday.
Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari was in Peru Oct 26-28 to participate in free-trade talks with Peru`s foreign ministry.
"One of the most important points of the negotiating process is air connectivity between India and Peru," said Canales.
Canales said he welcomed closer air connections between the two countries, as part of newly-launched negotiations on a future free-trade agreement.
"I think this (Peru-India air connection) could be established in 2014, because the topic is at an advanced stage...," said Canales.
Moreover, other South American countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela, also support the establishment of air links between India and South America through a Panamanian hub, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’