Physicists find laws of physics at play in football
Washington: Physicists have revealed that the real-time dynamics in a football game are subject to self-similarity characteristics in keeping with the laws of physics.
A team of Japanese scientists has analyzed the time-dependent fluctuation of both the ball and all players` positions throughout an entire match and have discovered that these complex dynamics have a fractal nature.
The finding implies that the movement of the ball/front-line at any given time has a strong influence on subsequent actions due to the so-called memory effect, linked to the game`s fractal nature.
The findings, which provide a new perspective on sports science , were published in EPJ B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you