PM writes to CNR Rao for Bharat Ratna, salutes his work
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on Sunday wrote to Professor Chintamani Nagesa Ramachandra Rao, congratulating him on the highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna.
He wrote, “Please accept my warm congratulations for the `Bharat Ratna` award.
“In conferring this award on you, the nation has honoured an eminent scientist and a well recognized international authority on solid state and materials chemistry. We salute your work not only as a scientist but also in passionately nurturing young scientists and
CNR Rao is the third scientist after C V Raman and former President A P J Abdul Kalam to be bestowed with the honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead