Programmable quantum computers come closer to reality
Washington: Scientists have revealed that they have performed a proof-of-concept experiment that will aid the future development of programmable.
Researchers from University of Chicago and University College London have revealed that their experiment on a crystal containing trillions, rather than hundreds, of quantum mechanical spins, replicates some of the features of the current generation of much smaller, specialized computers.
Michael Schmidt said that they have found that when the system reached its final valley via thermal annealing alone, it was dramatically different from the state reached when the thermal annealing was weakened and quantum annealing was turned on.
The study was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!
- Legend behind the famous Baijnath Shiva temple—You will be surprised to know the British connection!
- Indian Premier League 2016: I will be worried if I had to bowl at Virat Kohli, says Wasim Akram
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,419 Baleno to rectify faulty airbags
- Guys, the 'Baywatch' BAE Priyanka Chopra is back!