Programmable quantum computers come closer to reality
Washington: Scientists have revealed that they have performed a proof-of-concept experiment that will aid the future development of programmable.
Researchers from University of Chicago and University College London have revealed that their experiment on a crystal containing trillions, rather than hundreds, of quantum mechanical spins, replicates some of the features of the current generation of much smaller, specialized computers.
Michael Schmidt said that they have found that when the system reached its final valley via thermal annealing alone, it was dramatically different from the state reached when the thermal annealing was weakened and quantum annealing was turned on.
The study was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH