PS4 becomes fastest-selling console ever with 250,000 units sold in five days
London: Sony`s PlayStation 4 (PS4) has become the biggest selling console ever with 250,000 units sold out in Britain alone since last Friday.
According to games trade site MCV and official sales figures from Chart-Track, PS4 sales have generated around 90 million pounds during the first weekend since its launch, Daily Star reports.
The new super games machine has outstripped its handheld PSP, which sold 185,000 consoles eight years ago in three days.
The PS4`s exclusive games, like "Killzone: Shadow Fall" and "Knack," have been impressing fans with their amazing graphics and playability, the report added.
The PS4, which costs 349 pounds, is more powerful than its rival, the Xbox One, and even 80 pounds cheaper, analysts said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars