RCI director gets Homi J. Bhabha award
Hyderabad: G. Satheesh Reddy, director of the Research Centre Imarat (RCI), the avionics hub of DRDO`s missile complex, has been named for the Indian Science Congress Association Homi J. Bhabha Memorial Award for 2013-14.
The award has been bestowed on him for his contribution to the development of science and technology in the country, specifically in the realm of electronics and communication engineering.
The prestigious award will be presented by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the inaugural ceremony of 101st Indian Science Congress in Jammu Feb 3, 2014, said a statement from RCI here Saturday.
The renowned avionics scientist also holds the rare distinction of Full Academy Member Diploma of the Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, Russia.
He is a Fellow and Associate Fellow of many leading national and International professional bodies/scientific societies.
Indian Science Congress Association instituted this annual award in 1989 to commemorate the birth centenary of India`s eminent scientist Homi J. Bhabha. The award is given every alternate year to honour a distinguished scientist of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him