Researchers develop device to speed up computers
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Computers have certainly made our lives easier. Here is some more good news as researchers in the US have created a device that will speed up future computers by using both optical and electronic signals.
The device will actually make your computer work at the speed of light, as in this computer processing will be done using electrical signals and the signal transfer will be done by optics. Thus, it will be able to process many steps in just a blink of the eye and provide the simplest outputs.
This finding has major implications for performing computations, which, in simple terms, also rely on a series of on-off switches.
The first device, called AND-gate, requires both an electronic and an optical input to generate an output. This switch only triggers if both elements are engaged.
The second device, an OR-gate, can generate an output if either of two optical sensors is engaged.
The third device works like the front-end of a camera sensor. It consists of 250,000 miniature devices assembled over a centimetre-by-centimetre surface; said the research published in the journal Nature Photonics.
The research has been published in the journal Nature Photonics.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi