Robots that crack jokes, even flirt!
New York: Within next 15 years, robots would be smarter than the most intelligent humans on earth, claimed a Google expert.
“We want computers to read everything on the web and every page of every book, then be able to engage in intelligent dialogue with the user to be able to answer their questions,” Ray Kurzweil, Google`s artificial intelligence (AI) expert told The Observer.
According to the 66-year-old entrepreneur, machines would outsmart their makers as the `Turing test` moment - when computers become cleverer than us - would be passed in 2029.
In this direction, Google has recently bought world`s top robotics companies, including Boston Dynamics.
Boston Dynamics has made the `LS3` walker robot. Resembling a horse, it can navigate almost any terrain including steep slopes, rocky ground and dense vegetation.
Google also purchased smart thermostat company Nest Labs.
The Nest Lab alarm is able to speak to owners, telling them where in their house smoke is and what is causing it.
“Google is devoted to intelligently organising and processing the world`s information,” explained Kurzweil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money