Samsung begins testing `three-sided` display phone: Report
Washington: Tech giant Samsung has reportedly started testing the new three-sided display phone, which is likely to be unveiled by the end of this year.
Sources claim that the technology, which has been rumored for quite some time, could go into production by the end of this year.
According to CNET, a three-sided display phone just might be what Kim Hyeon Jun, executive manager at Samsung`s Wireless Business Division, had been foreshadowing during Samsung`s second-quarter earnings conference call.
Hyeon Jun, in the last conference, said that he cannot mention specifics but they are planning on unveiling an innovative large-screen flagship model, an attractive phone that takes advantage of cutting-edge materials.
The three-sided screen will utilize a plastic substrate that is reportedly limited in quantity and difficult to work with. If released by the end of this year, it will most likely be limited to Korean audiences, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand