Samsung begins testing `three-sided` display phone: Report
Washington: Tech giant Samsung has reportedly started testing the new three-sided display phone, which is likely to be unveiled by the end of this year.
Sources claim that the technology, which has been rumored for quite some time, could go into production by the end of this year.
According to CNET, a three-sided display phone just might be what Kim Hyeon Jun, executive manager at Samsung`s Wireless Business Division, had been foreshadowing during Samsung`s second-quarter earnings conference call.
Hyeon Jun, in the last conference, said that he cannot mention specifics but they are planning on unveiling an innovative large-screen flagship model, an attractive phone that takes advantage of cutting-edge materials.
The three-sided screen will utilize a plastic substrate that is reportedly limited in quantity and difficult to work with. If released by the end of this year, it will most likely be limited to Korean audiences, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police