Samsung begins testing `three-sided` display phone: Report
Washington: Tech giant Samsung has reportedly started testing the new three-sided display phone, which is likely to be unveiled by the end of this year.
Sources claim that the technology, which has been rumored for quite some time, could go into production by the end of this year.
According to CNET, a three-sided display phone just might be what Kim Hyeon Jun, executive manager at Samsung`s Wireless Business Division, had been foreshadowing during Samsung`s second-quarter earnings conference call.
Hyeon Jun, in the last conference, said that he cannot mention specifics but they are planning on unveiling an innovative large-screen flagship model, an attractive phone that takes advantage of cutting-edge materials.
The three-sided screen will utilize a plastic substrate that is reportedly limited in quantity and difficult to work with. If released by the end of this year, it will most likely be limited to Korean audiences, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016