Samsung unveils `high-efficiency` 5G green memory chips
Beijing: Samsung Electronics has reportedly unveiled its fifth-generation (5G) high-efficiency green memory chips which consume less energy and enhance performance simultaneously.
The South Korean tech giant said that the advanced memory solutions were optimized for next generation data centers that use cloud computing based on a big data platform.
Samsung said that the new green DDR4 chips will take more physical space but save more power.
The chips are expected to raise the server data transfer speed to 2,133 Mb/s from the older DDR3`s performance limit of 1,866 Mb/s, while consuming 24 percent less energy.
The company said that it plans to mass produce DDR4 with a data transfer speed of 3,200 Mb/s in the future.
According to Xinhua, the Green PCIe solid state drive (SSD) can offer a data transfer speed of four GB/s, six times faster than the SATA SSD`s 600MB/s and reducing the delay in data transfer by 67 percent and enhance energy efficiency around 2.6 times.
Executive vice president of Samsung`s memory sales and marketing, Jun Young-hyun said that with the introduction of the innovative memory solutions that maximize IT investment efficiency, the company has set the stage for sharply strengthening the value of advanced memory.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living