Samsung unveils `high-efficiency` 5G green memory chips
Beijing: Samsung Electronics has reportedly unveiled its fifth-generation (5G) high-efficiency green memory chips which consume less energy and enhance performance simultaneously.
The South Korean tech giant said that the advanced memory solutions were optimized for next generation data centers that use cloud computing based on a big data platform.
Samsung said that the new green DDR4 chips will take more physical space but save more power.
The chips are expected to raise the server data transfer speed to 2,133 Mb/s from the older DDR3`s performance limit of 1,866 Mb/s, while consuming 24 percent less energy.
The company said that it plans to mass produce DDR4 with a data transfer speed of 3,200 Mb/s in the future.
According to Xinhua, the Green PCIe solid state drive (SSD) can offer a data transfer speed of four GB/s, six times faster than the SATA SSD`s 600MB/s and reducing the delay in data transfer by 67 percent and enhance energy efficiency around 2.6 times.
Executive vice president of Samsung`s memory sales and marketing, Jun Young-hyun said that with the introduction of the innovative memory solutions that maximize IT investment efficiency, the company has set the stage for sharply strengthening the value of advanced memory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'