Scientists discover early relative of man
Washington: Scientists have discovered a previously unknown human relative, with whom ancient man must have had sex with.
According to Nature.com, a new analysis of the DNA footprint of Neanderthals and Denisovans has revealed that there was an intense cross-breeding between different species tens of thousands of years ago, Fox News reported.
The study also unveiled the existence of an as-yet-unknown human ancestor that joined the party and probably cross-bred too.
Mark Thomas, evolutionary geneticist at University College London, has said that they think they are looking at `Lord of the Rings` type world, where there were many hominid populations.
Evolutionary geneticist David Reich and a team of researchers have presented a more complete genetic analysis of those ancient hominids in addition to bits of an extinct population that resided in Asia 30,000 years ago.
The study was presented at Royal Society in London.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Trupti Desai denied entry in Haji Ali Dargah, detained by police on her way to CM's residence
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams