Scientists discover early relative of man
Washington: Scientists have discovered a previously unknown human relative, with whom ancient man must have had sex with.
According to Nature.com, a new analysis of the DNA footprint of Neanderthals and Denisovans has revealed that there was an intense cross-breeding between different species tens of thousands of years ago, Fox News reported.
The study also unveiled the existence of an as-yet-unknown human ancestor that joined the party and probably cross-bred too.
Mark Thomas, evolutionary geneticist at University College London, has said that they think they are looking at `Lord of the Rings` type world, where there were many hominid populations.
Evolutionary geneticist David Reich and a team of researchers have presented a more complete genetic analysis of those ancient hominids in addition to bits of an extinct population that resided in Asia 30,000 years ago.
The study was presented at Royal Society in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress