Scientists prove `birds of a feather flock together`
London: Scientists have found that reserved male great tit birds have been found to seek the company of similar birds to themselves proving the age old saying- ` Birds of a feather, flock together`.
Shy male great tits seek the company of similarly reserved birds, while introverted females associate freely with all personalities, the Daily Express reported.
According to a team of researchers at Oxford University, shy birds of both genders have smaller social groups than those who are more outgoing, but their relationships tend to be stronger.
One of the researchers, Lucy Aplin, said that the reason shy male birds group together could be to avoid the more aggressive bold birds.
Researchers made the discovery after tracking thousands of birds with radio tags around Wytham Woods near Oxford, in a bid to map their social networks.
The findings are published in the journal ` Ecology Letters`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’