Sir Ernest Shackleton`s 1914 expedition pics found in Antarctica
Washington: Antarctic Heritage Trust conservators have found a box of 22 exposed but unprocessed negatives, which were frozen in a block of ice for nearly a century.
The negatives were found in a supply hut`s corner that British explorer Robert Falcon Scott established to support his expedition to the South Pole from 1910-1913, Fox News reported.
Scott and his team reached the South Pole but died while they were returning.
Sir Ernest Shackleton`s 1914-1917 Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition`s Ross Sea Party used the hut next after getting stranded on Ross Island when their ship, the Aurora, blew out to sea.
This party is believed to have left behind the undeveloped negatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion