Smart cup that delivers coffee, news too!
London: Reading the morning newspaper while sipping a cup of coffee is set to become an even smoother experience as a Finnish coffee roastery company has developed a smart coffee cup that could also display an e-paper.
Paulig Muki, the smart coffee cup, converts heat to electricity that powers an e-paper display, controlled via a mobile application.
To connect with a mobile device, a Bluetooth low-energy module is placed in the bottom of the cup.
The module receives photos via mobile application and also tells the coffee temperature with the help of its heat sensor.
“We didn`t want to tell the consumers how to use Paulig Muki, we are developing it together with them,” Karri Kauppila, head of marketing and communications, Paulig Ltd, was quoted as saying in a press release.
Before the cup hits the stores in the beginning of 2015, it would go into beta testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets