Smart tap glucose level with Google`s contact lens
Washington: Google`s smart contact lens, that can measure blood sugar level, is on its way to be commercialized with the tech giant collaborating with Novartis to develop it.
According to The Verge, the lens which was developed and unveiled by Google X in January, analyzes tear fluid in the eye using non-invasive sensors to measure a person`s blood glucose levels constantly. The results can also be sent to any mobile phone wirelessly.
The product is expected to help diabetic patients in managing the disease. Novartis has already licensed the technology through Alcon, its eye-care subsidiary, and will soon start developing the product for commercial use, the report said.
By implanting the lens directly into the eye, the technology can also be used to fix eye`s natural autofocus, Novartis added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says