Smartphone battery that gets charged in 30 seconds!
London: While experts the world over are looking for ways to stop smartphone batteries from dying within a few hours of charging, a Tel Aviv-based start-up StoreDot is developing a battery that would get fully charged in 30 seconds.
Based on nanodots, the new battery is capable of moving electric current at the speed of lightning.
This is way faster compared to batteries that we currently have.
"At the moment, the battery design is only in the prototype stage. In about two years, these magic batteries will be hitting the stores," Doron Myersdorf, CEO of StoreDot, was quoted as saying in media reports.
To make nanodots, the researchers used tiny organic crystals that were only two nanometres long.
Through a self-assembly process, these crystals were able to form nanodots.
"They possess a natural glow, something that could be used to illuminate the display of the handsets. This will be equivalent to the kinds of displays that are currently in use," Myersdorf added.
The progress of the battery was demonstrated recently at the `Think Next` symposium in Tel Aviv, where the battery charged a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in just 26 seconds, reports added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark