`Smartwatch` delivering calls, messages coming soon
Sydney: The dream of wearing ` smartwatches` that have promised to deliver phone calls, messages, alerts and even Twitter updates directly to your arm, has finally become a reality.
The advanced wristwatches revealed at International CES in Las Vegas included the much-anticipated Pebble E-Paper Watch that raised a record 10.2 million dollars from everyday investors at Kickstarter.com in 2012.
According to the News.com,au, the Pebble watch was designed to connect to any Apple or Google Android smartphone.
It would deliver SMS and phone call updates, email and calendar alerts, Facebook and Twitter messages, and featured an energy-efficient E-Paper screen that could be viewed in sunlight, the report said.
According to the report, Pebble chief executive Eric Migicovsky said during the biggest international tech event that despite a five-month delay, the smartwatch would begin shipping to buyers in late January and would include extra features.
Migicovsky said the Pebble was now water-resistant, could control music on a phone, and featured a magnetometer for future GPS uses.
According to the report, the high-profile watch was not the only smartwatch to feature at CES.
Bluetrek released an iPhone-compatible watch called Cookoo with a seemingly traditional clock face hiding light-up icons for phone calls, SMS and Facebook messages, calendar events and when the phone`s battery is low, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees