Snails bigger danger to humans than combo of lions, sharks and wolves
London: Freshwater snails cause the death of about 10,000 people every year, in comparison, the three traditional predators kill just 120 across the globe annually.
The freshwater snails, which live in rivers and lakes, get inside the human stomach to lay their eggs, which causes deadly disease schistosomiasis, Daily Star reported.
The symptoms of the deadly disease can include paralysis of the legs and vomiting blood.
However, the biggest danger is posed by malaria-carrying mosquitoes, which are the cause of 725,000 deaths every year.
Bill Gates , 58, released these figures as part of his campaign to eradicate malaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read