Snails bigger danger to humans than combo of lions, sharks and wolves
London: Freshwater snails cause the death of about 10,000 people every year, in comparison, the three traditional predators kill just 120 across the globe annually.
The freshwater snails, which live in rivers and lakes, get inside the human stomach to lay their eggs, which causes deadly disease schistosomiasis, Daily Star reported.
The symptoms of the deadly disease can include paralysis of the legs and vomiting blood.
However, the biggest danger is posed by malaria-carrying mosquitoes, which are the cause of 725,000 deaths every year.
Bill Gates , 58, released these figures as part of his campaign to eradicate malaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!