Soon, 5-person submarine to take tourists 2 miles under sea
Washington: A local submersible company Oceangate has collaborated with the University of Washington`s Applied Physics Laboratory, to construct a five-person submarine that would travel almost 2 miles below the ocean`s surface.
Cyclop`s innovative design and carbon-fiber hull will enable passengers to reach 9,842 feet or 3,000 meters under the sea, Fox News reported.
The vehicle is in the shape of a bullet, and the carbon-fiber hull is capable of plunging down to depth in less than 1 hour.
The sub features a 5-foot-wide dome that passengers are going to sit in, which will give them a 180-degree view.
Over the past 1 and a half year, the scientists have seen more than 20 prototype designs to get to their just revealed plan.
Every carbon fiber and resin strip has been precisely placed to build a hull that has no gaps or weak points.
A lithium-polymer battery is going to be used to make it lighter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anurag Thakur unanimously elected as BCCI President
- UP: Boy without hands from Mainpuri secured 71.8% marks in 10th Board Exams
- Varanasi boy develops WhatsApp electrcial commanding device to control electronic device
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya's India woes now troubling his US beer firm
- Toyota says 90% of Camry demand for hybrid model now
- NEET issue: President Pranab Mukherjee to seek legal advice on ordinance
- Weak oil prices may hit remittances from Gulf nations: Crisil
- India Inc's investment-grade credit ratings hit record high