Soon, anti-glare glass that can disinfect itself
Washington: Makers of Gorilla Glass, Corning, is now working on an anti-glare glass that also incorporates antimicrobial tech that can kill germs and viruses.
The screen will be made from the same glass used for optical fiber and is 30 times more transparent than the purest water, Discovery News reported.
Not only is this glass strong - it can theoretically tolerate the pressure of 10,000 elephants stacked on top - but it reduces glare when used outside.
An antimicrobial coating was tested and shown to kill viruses and bacteria in under two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?