Soon, anti-glare glass that can disinfect itself
Washington: Makers of Gorilla Glass, Corning, is now working on an anti-glare glass that also incorporates antimicrobial tech that can kill germs and viruses.
The screen will be made from the same glass used for optical fiber and is 30 times more transparent than the purest water, Discovery News reported.
Not only is this glass strong - it can theoretically tolerate the pressure of 10,000 elephants stacked on top - but it reduces glare when used outside.
An antimicrobial coating was tested and shown to kill viruses and bacteria in under two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?