Soon, chat with departed souls in virtual space!
New York: Is it possible to communicate with dead ones like a Skype chat from the past? Yes, if we believe researchers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A new startup from MIT`s entrepreneurship development program is offering you to simply become immortal via your computer.
To be launched soon, the web service called www.eterni.me would digitally reconstruct a person’s personality after he/she dies.
“Eterni.me collects almost everything that you create during your lifetime and processes this huge amount of information using complex artificial intelligence algorithms,” explained the information available on the website.
“It generates a virtual YOU, an avatar that emulates your personality and can interact with your family and friends after you pass away,” it added.
How does it work?
To register, users must provide the service with access to online activities like chat logs, social network accounts photos and emails.
The information is then used to stitch together a digital portrait and avatar that is capable of communicating with friends and loved ones after a person dies.
The service assures the users to make important events, adventures and thoughts in their lives accessible to future generations who never met them.
Since going live, the website received 36,000 page views and 1,300 email registrations in just 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends