Soon, compact multipurpose scooter for crowded cities
Washington: Students from a joint research programme between Technische Universitat Muenchen and Singapore`s Nanyang Technological University have unveiled an all-new multipurpose scooter at the 3rd Taiwan International Electric Vehicle Show.
The prototype scooter has been codenamed VOI, which comes from the Vietnamese word for elephant - a symbol of a safe and intelligent mean of transport.
The design brief for the VOI was to develop a two-wheel transporter, which is as agile and affordable as a scooter and, at the same time, as safe and comfortable as a car.
With its compact size and maneuverability, the two-wheel concept vehicle is designed as a transport for densely populated cities and offers a solution to metropolises where traffic is a major problem.
Positioning the driver behind allows for a compact design and the use of an enclosed passenger cabin that shields occupants from the elements.
The enclosure also offers added rigidity and stiffness to the vehicle chassis, which provides additional passenger protection.
The scooter can also address the `First/Last Mile Problem,` where it complements an existing metro railway and public transport system, to offer commuters intermediate transportation between the stations to their destinations.
Its modular front pod can be swapped for a cargo box or even a mobile kitchen, which makes it a multipurpose vehicle.
It also reduces pollution within a metropolis with zero tailpipe emissions and due to its lightweight design, it is capable of reaching a nominal range of 80 km and has a maximum speed of 45 km/h.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi