Soon, driverless-car to take you to your destination
New Delhi: A researcher has said that in the future there will be driverless cars that will drive its occupants to their destination.
Martin Spring, the Lancaster University professor who co-authored a paper on the potential of self-driving cars, said that in the future there is going to be a network of self-drive cars that you simply book; they`ll arrive and take people to their destination, FHM India magazine reported.
He said that because they are run from a centralised network, they`ll never crash, never have to find a parking spot and never be caught in traffic again.
Spring said that a driving seat, a steering wheel or any driving paraphernalia will not be needed inside.
He said that instead, people will be able to get dressed in the car as it whisks them to work, guided by cameras, lasers and GPS maps downloaded from the internet as they go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list