Soon, driverless-car to take you to your destination
New Delhi: A researcher has said that in the future there will be driverless cars that will drive its occupants to their destination.
Martin Spring, the Lancaster University professor who co-authored a paper on the potential of self-driving cars, said that in the future there is going to be a network of self-drive cars that you simply book; they`ll arrive and take people to their destination, FHM India magazine reported.
He said that because they are run from a centralised network, they`ll never crash, never have to find a parking spot and never be caught in traffic again.
Spring said that a driving seat, a steering wheel or any driving paraphernalia will not be needed inside.
He said that instead, people will be able to get dressed in the car as it whisks them to work, guided by cameras, lasers and GPS maps downloaded from the internet as they go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach