Soon, drones to put solar and wind power plants in sky
New York: A UK company is in the midst of developing a technology that will take power plants to skies.
UK-based New Wave Energy is in the process of developing an army of power-generating drone aircraft measuring 20x20m (65ft).
The crafts are going to be fitted with four small propellers that keep it aloft, and a large, flat surface that`s covered in solar panels.
Turbines are also going to be fitted to the drone in strategic locations to generate power from wind.
The drones would be capable of flying at a height of up to 50,000 feet.
The propellers of the drones are going to allow the craft to track the course of the sun across the sky to remain in optimal position.
New Wave Energy`s proposed drone power plants would supposedly also be powering themselves entirely with the energy that they generate on-board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city