Soon, drones to put solar and wind power plants in sky
New York: A UK company is in the midst of developing a technology that will take power plants to skies.
UK-based New Wave Energy is in the process of developing an army of power-generating drone aircraft measuring 20x20m (65ft).
The crafts are going to be fitted with four small propellers that keep it aloft, and a large, flat surface that`s covered in solar panels.
Turbines are also going to be fitted to the drone in strategic locations to generate power from wind.
The drones would be capable of flying at a height of up to 50,000 feet.
The propellers of the drones are going to allow the craft to track the course of the sun across the sky to remain in optimal position.
New Wave Energy`s proposed drone power plants would supposedly also be powering themselves entirely with the energy that they generate on-board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin