Soon, drones to put solar and wind power plants in sky
New York: A UK company is in the midst of developing a technology that will take power plants to skies.
UK-based New Wave Energy is in the process of developing an army of power-generating drone aircraft measuring 20x20m (65ft).
The crafts are going to be fitted with four small propellers that keep it aloft, and a large, flat surface that`s covered in solar panels.
Turbines are also going to be fitted to the drone in strategic locations to generate power from wind.
The drones would be capable of flying at a height of up to 50,000 feet.
The propellers of the drones are going to allow the craft to track the course of the sun across the sky to remain in optimal position.
New Wave Energy`s proposed drone power plants would supposedly also be powering themselves entirely with the energy that they generate on-board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured