Soon, drones to put solar and wind power plants in sky
New York: A UK company is in the midst of developing a technology that will take power plants to skies.
UK-based New Wave Energy is in the process of developing an army of power-generating drone aircraft measuring 20x20m (65ft).
The crafts are going to be fitted with four small propellers that keep it aloft, and a large, flat surface that`s covered in solar panels.
Turbines are also going to be fitted to the drone in strategic locations to generate power from wind.
The drones would be capable of flying at a height of up to 50,000 feet.
The propellers of the drones are going to allow the craft to track the course of the sun across the sky to remain in optimal position.
New Wave Energy`s proposed drone power plants would supposedly also be powering themselves entirely with the energy that they generate on-board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?