Soon, navigate your car with display on your windscreen
Washington: Satellite-navigation firm Garmin is introducing its first portable head-up display, or HUD, for smartphone navigation apps.
The head-up display projects real-time driving directions onto the windscreen of a vehicle.
The device is capable of projecting crisp, bright directions onto a transparent film on the windshield, which will reduce driver distraction.
The company said the device pairs wirelessly with a compatible Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, smartphones such as Android phone or Windows Phone 8.
The benefit is seen as reducing the distance the driver`s eyes need to move from the road to take in the latest route guidance, Fox News reports.
The Garmin HUD is a portable device that can be moved from car to car, and will be launched this summer for 130 dollars, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'