Soon, navigate your car with display on your windscreen
Washington: Satellite-navigation firm Garmin is introducing its first portable head-up display, or HUD, for smartphone navigation apps.
The head-up display projects real-time driving directions onto the windscreen of a vehicle.
The device is capable of projecting crisp, bright directions onto a transparent film on the windshield, which will reduce driver distraction.
The company said the device pairs wirelessly with a compatible Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, smartphones such as Android phone or Windows Phone 8.
The benefit is seen as reducing the distance the driver`s eyes need to move from the road to take in the latest route guidance, Fox News reports.
The Garmin HUD is a portable device that can be moved from car to car, and will be launched this summer for 130 dollars, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!