Soon, plants to tell what`s wrong with the planet
Washington: A EU-funded study is hoping to crack the language of the plants so that we can understand what message they are trying to convey.
It was recently discovered that plants can communicate with one another through fungal couriers, Dvice reported.
The actual goal of project PLEASED ( PLants Employed As SEnsing Devices ) is to decipher the electrical activity occurring in plants when their environment shifts.
Rather than verbally speak with them, scientists are employing technology similar to that in an EEG headset to detect the electric impulses that plants emit.
Researchers are confident that they would be able to detect a wide array of factors, including monitoring pollution levels to accurate crop monitoring and even weather research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report