Soon, plants to tell what`s wrong with the planet
Washington: A EU-funded study is hoping to crack the language of the plants so that we can understand what message they are trying to convey.
It was recently discovered that plants can communicate with one another through fungal couriers, Dvice reported.
The actual goal of project PLEASED ( PLants Employed As SEnsing Devices ) is to decipher the electrical activity occurring in plants when their environment shifts.
Rather than verbally speak with them, scientists are employing technology similar to that in an EEG headset to detect the electric impulses that plants emit.
Researchers are confident that they would be able to detect a wide array of factors, including monitoring pollution levels to accurate crop monitoring and even weather research.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan