Soon, technology to print mobile phones on t-shirts
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Researchers have come with a new version of `spaser` technology that can make mobile phones so flexible that they can actually be printed on your t-shirt.
Researchers at Monash University have modelled the world’s first spaser (surface plasmon amplification by stimulated emission of radiation) to be made completely of carbon.
As the name depicts, a spaser is actually a nanoscale laser or nano-laser where one of the lasers is replaced by sp.
It emits a beam of light through the vibration of free electrons, rather than the space-consuming electromagnetic wave emission process of a traditional laser.
Graphene and carbon nanotubes were chosen by the researchers to develop spaser as they can interact and transfer energy to each other through light.
It is to be noted that a spacer is a hundred times stronger than steel and can also withstand high temperatures.
Spaser-based devices can be used as an alternative to current transistor-based devices such as microprocessors, memory, and displays to overcome current miniaturising and bandwidth limitations.
The paper has been published in ACS Nano.
(With Agencies inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city