Soon, withdraw cash using Google Glass
London: Safe money withdrawal from Automated Teller Machines (ATM) is possible via Google Glass - a wearable computer device, according to an IT expert.
Dominique Schroder, assistant professor of cryptographic algorithms at the Saarland University in Germany, now proposes to combine Google Glass with cryptographic methods and techniques from automated image analysis to create the software system `Ubic`.
The customer first identifies himself to the cash machine.
It uses the public key to encrypt the one-way personal identification number (PIN) and seals it additionally with a `digital signature`.
The result shows up on the screen as a black-and-white pattern, a so-called `QR` code.
The PIN that is hidden below is only visible for the identified wearer of the glasses.
"Google Glass decrypts it and shows it in the wearer`s field of vision. Although the process occurs in public, nobody is able to spy on the PIN," Schroder said.
To spy on the PIN while it is being entered would also be useless since the PIN is re-generated each time the customer uses the cash machine.
The digital signature guarantees that no assailant is able to intrude between the customer and the cash machine as during `skimming` where the assailant can impersonate the customer.
Only the customer is able to decrypt the encryption by the public key with his secret key.
"As long as this is safely stored on the Google Glass, his money is also safe," said Schroder, who also does research at the Center for IT-Security, Privacy and Accountability in Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced