Soon your hand will also be your smartphone
Washington: Researchers from the University of Tokyo are in the process of developing a technology to put the mobile phone on the palm of your hand.
Using a special camera that combines high-speed vision and two rotational mirrors, Masatoshi Ishikawa and his team at the Ishikawa Oku Laboratory, said that they have found a method to project a device`s display screen or keyboard onto the palm, or any other surface, so that people can operate it remotely in their home or office, ABC News reported.
Ishikawa said that the technique can detect movement of a 3-D object every two milliseconds, in other words, the high-speed vision allows the program to track moving objects, so users would be free to walk with the phone image in palm, without the display ever shifting.
Also the ultrasonic wave emitters are beamed by the computer system, so that user feels the keyboard pressing against their skin, without anything being in their hand.
Ishikawa said that the sensation is the equivalent to a 3-gram or 0.1- ounce object.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP