Steve Jobs` dream `was to design iCar`
London: Apple`s visionary co-founder Steve Jobs` final ambition before he died was to see Apple to dominate the roads with its `iCars`.
According to a report, the co-founder and CEO of the iPhone maker told associates he wanted to create an Apple car.
Jobs also reportedly said, during a meeting prior to his death, that he wanted to `take on Detroit.`
According to the daily, longtime Apple board member Mickey Drexler, who is also the CEO of J. Crew, confirmed the report, saying `Steve`s dream before he died was to design an iCar.`
Drexler believes the never-realized Apple car could have made a serious impact in the American car market.
Meanwhile, Apple`s largest rival Google has already famously put weight behind a self-driving car, the paper said.
The Google driverless car, as it`s most often known, has been the subject of countless videos and news articles detailing the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of its success or even feasibility, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears