Steve Jobs` dream `was to design iCar`
London: Apple`s visionary co-founder Steve Jobs` final ambition before he died was to see Apple to dominate the roads with its `iCars`.
According to a report, the co-founder and CEO of the iPhone maker told associates he wanted to create an Apple car.
Jobs also reportedly said, during a meeting prior to his death, that he wanted to `take on Detroit.`
According to the daily, longtime Apple board member Mickey Drexler, who is also the CEO of J. Crew, confirmed the report, saying `Steve`s dream before he died was to design an iCar.`
Drexler believes the never-realized Apple car could have made a serious impact in the American car market.
Meanwhile, Apple`s largest rival Google has already famously put weight behind a self-driving car, the paper said.
The Google driverless car, as it`s most often known, has been the subject of countless videos and news articles detailing the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of its success or even feasibility, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport