Steve Jobs` dream `was to design iCar`
London: Apple`s visionary co-founder Steve Jobs` final ambition before he died was to see Apple to dominate the roads with its `iCars`.
According to a report, the co-founder and CEO of the iPhone maker told associates he wanted to create an Apple car.
Jobs also reportedly said, during a meeting prior to his death, that he wanted to `take on Detroit.`
According to the daily, longtime Apple board member Mickey Drexler, who is also the CEO of J. Crew, confirmed the report, saying `Steve`s dream before he died was to design an iCar.`
Drexler believes the never-realized Apple car could have made a serious impact in the American car market.
Meanwhile, Apple`s largest rival Google has already famously put weight behind a self-driving car, the paper said.
The Google driverless car, as it`s most often known, has been the subject of countless videos and news articles detailing the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of its success or even feasibility, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it