Steve Jobs` dream `was to design iCar`
London: Apple`s visionary co-founder Steve Jobs` final ambition before he died was to see Apple to dominate the roads with its `iCars`.
According to a report, the co-founder and CEO of the iPhone maker told associates he wanted to create an Apple car.
Jobs also reportedly said, during a meeting prior to his death, that he wanted to `take on Detroit.`
According to the daily, longtime Apple board member Mickey Drexler, who is also the CEO of J. Crew, confirmed the report, saying `Steve`s dream before he died was to design an iCar.`
Drexler believes the never-realized Apple car could have made a serious impact in the American car market.
Meanwhile, Apple`s largest rival Google has already famously put weight behind a self-driving car, the paper said.
The Google driverless car, as it`s most often known, has been the subject of countless videos and news articles detailing the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of its success or even feasibility, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 4-minute act at IIFA costs a bomb!
- S Asians disappointed over US apex court ruling on immigration
- 'Sad day for Europe, Britain,' says German foreign minister
- EU founding states to hold post-Brexit talks on Saturday
- Facebook Live to roll out Snapchat-like filters