Steve Jobs` dream `was to design iCar`
London: Apple`s visionary co-founder Steve Jobs` final ambition before he died was to see Apple to dominate the roads with its `iCars`.
According to a report, the co-founder and CEO of the iPhone maker told associates he wanted to create an Apple car.
Jobs also reportedly said, during a meeting prior to his death, that he wanted to `take on Detroit.`
According to the daily, longtime Apple board member Mickey Drexler, who is also the CEO of J. Crew, confirmed the report, saying `Steve`s dream before he died was to design an iCar.`
Drexler believes the never-realized Apple car could have made a serious impact in the American car market.
Meanwhile, Apple`s largest rival Google has already famously put weight behind a self-driving car, the paper said.
The Google driverless car, as it`s most often known, has been the subject of countless videos and news articles detailing the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of its success or even feasibility, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday