Stick-on screen that can turn any window into movie display developed
Zee Media Bureau
London: With an aim to open up new perspectives in window projections, scientists have developed a transparent plastic screen that can turn any window into a display for moving images.
According to researchers, the screens are made by adding tiny nano-particles that reflect blue light into a liquid polymer and can be stuck on to any window.
The nano-particles are invisible to humans, creating the transparency, while images projected in blue light show up.
The researchers from by Chia Wei Hsu, a graduate student from MIT and Harvard University, US, could be used to host advertisements on shop windows or for office presentations.
The screen, developed by researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard departments of Physics, and the US Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Centre, could be used to host advertisements on shop windows or for office presentations.
"We literally just pour the nano-particles into the polymer before it solidifies," said lead researcher Chia Wei Hsu, a graduate student from MIT and Harvard University, US.
The study was published in the journal Nature Communications.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok