Thane students device gadget to protect house from theft
Thane: A group of six teenagers here claim to have deviced a gadget that will protect a house from theft when its residents are away.
The gadget, named `Robo Nandi`, will immediately get activated and send an alert message on a person`s registered mobile number if anybody tries to break into his house or attempts to steal or shift anything from there, Purushottam Panchpande, the student`s guide for the project, told reporters here yesterday.
The person can then alert his neighbours and friends to seek quick action, he said, adding that the project was the branchild of six boys studying at different schools here, while he, a professor from Children`s Tech Centre here which imparts science and technology practical training to young students, encouraged them in the endeavour.
`Robo Nandi`, deriving its name from the mythological bull of Lord Shiva, will soon hit the market and would be available for commercial purposes, Panchpande said.
The gadget will be of immense help to people going on long vacations as they can be free from house-related worries as their home stays protected by `Robo Nandi`, he said.
Though most housing societies and offices these days are equipped with CCTV cameras, they require huge investment and continuous monitoring of the footage, he said.
"Also, what`s the point in realising later that something has been stolen and then watching the footage? `Robo Nandi` can be installed at much lesser cost and works real time, thus avoiding the time lags. The gadget alerts the person without making a noise and without the intruder even knowing that an alert has been sent," he said.
The six students - Shardul Datar, Harshal Veling, Sannel Patil, Vyom Vyas, Aamod Pant and Shaunak Sawargaonkar demonstrated the working of the gadget before the reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh