The Simpsons` `Homer Car` turned into reality
Wellington: A real-life Homer Simpson car has now finally become a reality.
The story of the real Homer car begins with the 24 Hours of LeMons racing series in the US.
It`s an amateur series for cars costing now more than 500 dollars and raced by teams of friends.
Homer creator Kris Linquist got involved a few years ago when he bought a 1987 BMW 325e for 400 dollars.
For this year`s race they wanted to freshen it up, and so the Homer was born, Stuff.co.nz reported.
Using a model of the Homer they created the real thing using parts salvaged from the local scrap yard, to make sure it stayed under the 500 dollar budget (to make sure teams don`t spend too much the organisers are allowed to buy any car in the race for 500 dollars).
The green paint is actually house paint, colour matched from the toy car, the tail fin and wing is just sheet metal and pop rivets.
The plastic dome that houses Bart and Lisa dolls was donated to the team by a sponsor that uses them as a Christmas window display.
The Homer made its racing debut in last weekend`s 24 Hours of LeMons event in California.
Despite having transmission problems, Linquist and his friends managed to finish the race in fifth place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies