Today is both longest and shortest day of year
Dubai: Friday this week will be the day of summer solstice - the natural phenomenon marking the longest day of the year .
The day will officially mark the start of summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere, in countries like Australia, South Africa and Chile, Friday will be the shortest day of the year.
The daylight duration will be 13 hours, 42 minutes and 46 seconds on this day, Gulf News reported.
The length of the day will start reducing from Saturday till December 21, which will be the winter solstice - the shortest day of the year.
According to News.com.au, Southeast Queensland is set to receive just under ten and a half hours of sunshine on Friday, with Sun to rise at 6.37am and set at 5.02pm.
The day will also fall on June 21, next two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM