`Tomb raiders` `prove` Great Pyramids are 20,000 years old
Melbourne: Two German students, who stole into the Great Pyramid and scraped away some ancient writing, claimed that the Great Pyramids are 20,000 years old.
The students said that the fragments support their arguments that the construction of date of the Pyramids was much older than Pharaoh Khufu`s reign, News.com.au reported.
It is believed that the Pyramids were "refurbished" by the Old Kingdom Pharaoh credited with its construction in the 26th Century BC and are evidence of a lost civilization.
They added that the official dating of the Pyramids is solely based on the presence of the ancient red cartouche , which prompted them to take a sample of the red paint to prove their theory.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living