Top 10 scientific breakthroughs of 2013
Washington: The annual list of groundbreaking scientific achievements, selected by Science and its international nonprofit publisher, has been revealed.
The top most breakthrough has been cancer immunotherapy, followed by a gene-editing technique called CRISPR, which is used to manipulate the genome s of various plant, animal and human cells.
The list compiled by Science and American Association for the Advancement of Science includes solar-cell materials which are cheaper and easier to produce than those in traditional silicon cells, and the techniques involving the use of the structure of an antibody to design an immunogen, which is a powerful tool for fighting diseases.
The imaging technique called CLARITY, which renders brain tissue transparent and puts neurons on full display, also made it to the list.
Also, the study which suggested that the brain cleans itself much more efficiently during sleep as well as stem cells derived from cloned human embryos, made it to the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen