UGC sanctions centre for preserving endangered languages
Ranchi: The University Grants Commission has sanctioned the setting up of a centre for preservation and promotion of smaller indigenous and endangered languages in the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ).
"The proposed `Centre for Preservation and Promotion of Endangered Languages` is aimed at looking into the whole gamut of issues concerning endangered languages," Dean of Languages of CUJ Professor B P Sinha said in a statement here today.
The objectives of the Centre were inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary research, field work, analysis, archiving and documentation of smaller indigenous and endangered languages, it said.
For this state-of-the-art speech and language technologies would be used to publish and produce grammar, monographs and courses required for the programme, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price