UGC sanctions centre for preserving endangered languages
Ranchi: The University Grants Commission has sanctioned the setting up of a centre for preservation and promotion of smaller indigenous and endangered languages in the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ).
"The proposed `Centre for Preservation and Promotion of Endangered Languages` is aimed at looking into the whole gamut of issues concerning endangered languages," Dean of Languages of CUJ Professor B P Sinha said in a statement here today.
The objectives of the Centre were inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary research, field work, analysis, archiving and documentation of smaller indigenous and endangered languages, it said.
For this state-of-the-art speech and language technologies would be used to publish and produce grammar, monographs and courses required for the programme, it added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Honda Cars expects sales to grow in double digits in 2016-17
- RSS critic Digvijay Singh visits VHP office in Delhi, gifted Ashok Singhal's biography
- It's official: Allan Donald named Australia's bowling coach for Sri Lanka tour
- Kane Williamson named New Zealand skipper for all three formats
- Hema Malini congratulates Deepika for her engagement!