UGC sanctions centre for preserving endangered languages
Ranchi: The University Grants Commission has sanctioned the setting up of a centre for preservation and promotion of smaller indigenous and endangered languages in the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ).
"The proposed `Centre for Preservation and Promotion of Endangered Languages` is aimed at looking into the whole gamut of issues concerning endangered languages," Dean of Languages of CUJ Professor B P Sinha said in a statement here today.
The objectives of the Centre were inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary research, field work, analysis, archiving and documentation of smaller indigenous and endangered languages, it said.
For this state-of-the-art speech and language technologies would be used to publish and produce grammar, monographs and courses required for the programme, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic